Based on the development of new products and services under Apex-Brasil’s Strategic Plan, and in line with its mission to attract direct foreign investment in priority sectors and with the objectives of the Federal Government, Apex-Brasil has been working to build an Investment Projects Portfolio (PPI) aimed at facilitating the generation of business focusing investment attraction.
The PPI aims to create a database of investment projects chosen by Apex-Brasil with potential to receive private equity/venture capital, which are supposed to be introduced to international and domestic investors during investment missions and seminars held in Brazil and abroad. The selected companies follow a methodology created by the University of São Paulo (FEA/USP) for the construction of business plans focused on private equity/venture capital investment attraction.
Selection of Brazilian companies
The inclusion of a Brazilian company’s investment project in the PPI is based on a 5-stage process:
1. APPLICATION: Companies interested in applying to participate in the process must apply by completing the Executive Summary form made available electronically through Apex-Brasil;
2. PRESELECTION: Executive summaries are submitted to an examining board set up by Apex-Brasil to select the companies who qualify to make a presentation to the board;
3. SELECTION: Companies preselected proceed to a presentation of their project to a board comprising representatives of Apex-Brasil, strategic partners, managers and investors;
4. BUILDING A PORTFOLIO PROJECT: The companies that have successfully been selected in the previous phases are awarded the places offered each year in the INVESTMENT PROJECT PORTFOLIO (IPP), and will have the opportunity to draw up, in conjunction with Apex-Brasil:
a) A corporate project presentation;
b) An Executive Summary;
c) A Business Plan.
5. INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO: As a participant in the project, the company will benefit from using the methods for rethinking their investment opportunities and learning how to take advantage of them. In addition, they will be introduced to investors and invited to participate in roadshows, investment matchmaking rounds, catalogs and websites developed by Apex-Brasil or its partners.
Applications for the selection of projects for the Portfolio are opened from time to time. The regulations and conditions will be made available at this website and other means.